What information do we collect?
Personal, Financial and Product Information
We collect personally identifiable information in order to identify and register you as an customer. In addition, we collect personal, financial and product information in order to provide you with services tailored to your particular needs. By learning about you, can deliver more relevant protection and product offerings and thus offer you better insurance services and options.
The information we collect will vary depending upon the function or processes you select or request. Depending upon the function, product or process you select (for example, quote, request for proposal, e-mail, purchase), you may be required to provide information such as:
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Policy(ies) Type(s) & Number(s)
- Social Security Number
- Driver’s License Number, accident/violation history, information about vehicle operators, lien/lease holders, vehicle information, etc.
Who Should Use Our Web Site?
Our Web site is for insurance and financial products and services and is not intended for children. We offer insurance and financial products and services and thus do not market any products or services to children under the age of thirteen or knowingly collect any information from children under the age of thirteen. If we become aware that information is or has been submitted by or collected from a child under the age of thirteen, we will destroy this information.
What kind of customer information do we have, and where did we get it?
Much of the customer information we collect comes directly from you. When submitting your application or request for insurance or other products and services we offer, or in requesting an insurance quote, you may give us information such as your name, address, and Social Security number. We also keep information about your transactions with our affiliates, others, or us – for example, the types of products and services you purchase from us, premiums, policy account balances and payment history. We also may collect information from outside sources, including consumer reporting agencies and/or health care providers or reporting agencies such as the Medical Information Bureau (MIB). This information includes loss information reports, motor vehicle reports, credit reports, and medical information.
Who collects this information?
In order to better serve your particular needs, the information noted above is collected by , its agents, and other companies working on behalf of . In addition to collecting information from you, you should also know that, depending on the nature of your transaction, we may collect information from outside sources, such as loss information reports, motor vehicle reports, and credit reports. For property insurance, we may send someone to inspect your property and verify information about the value and condition of your property.
How is this information used?
The information you submit to us via our on-line forms and e-mail is used to provide you with the response or service you have requested.
We may also use this information to contact you about our products and services. If you do not wish to receive these communications, you can write us, e-mail us or simply reply to any e-mails you receive from our employees informing us of your desire to be removed from our mailing lists.
Who has access to this information?
In order to better serve your particular needs, our company, its employees, and certain companies working on behalf have access to this information. This information may also be disclosed to third parties without your consent if disclosure is necessary to comply with legal processes or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of , its users or the public. We may also provide limited information about you to third parties without your permission when necessary or appropriate to service an insurance policy we have issued (e.g., inquiries from lien holders or additional insureds listed on the policy) or to address claims submitted under a policy we have issued.
In addition, we may, as permitted by law, provide information about you without your permission to certain persons or organizations, such as: your agent or broker; insurance support organizations; other insurance companies in order to perform their function in regard to an insurance transaction involving you (i.e. a claim); independent claim adjusters; businesses that conduct actuarial or research studies; regulatory and law enforcement authorities; or our affiliated companies, if any.
What are your options regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information?
Any information you submit to us via written applications, our Web site’s on-line forms or e-mail is done so on a voluntary basis. When you access our site in this manner, the collection, use, and distribution of your information will be handled according to the terms and policies outlined in this Privacy Statement. If you object to the collection, use, and distribution policies outlined in this Privacy Statement, we ask that you do not submit information.
What are your options regarding correction or storage of your information?
You may either personally see, or obtain from us by mail, the information about you in our files. If you believe the information we have about you in our records or files is incomplete or inaccurate, you may request via telephone or a postal mail letter that we make any necessary additions or corrections or, to the extent that it is feasible, that we delete this information from our files.
Links and Co-Branded Sites
A Commitment to Protecting, Preserving, and Respecting Your Privacy
A Summary of the Guidelines for Herndon Carr and Co.
- We collect non-public personal information to process and administer our customers’ business and to ensure that we are satisfying their financial and insurance needs.
- We do not share any non-public personal information about our customers to anyone, except as permitted by law.
- We use our customers’ information responsibly to provide them with benefits and improved products and services.
- We have policies and procedures in place to protect our customers’non-public personal information.
- We hold our employees to the highest standards of conduct in ensuring this confidentiality.
- We comply with federal and state privacy laws and regulations.
Types of Non-public Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
As part of our insurance business, employees, representatives, agents and selected third parties may collect non-public personal information about our customers. This includes the following:
- Information we have received from you on applications or other forms.
- Information about transactions with us, our affiliates or third parties.
- Information from others, such as credit reporting agencies, employers, and federal and state agencies.
- Non-public personal health information, like medical reports, for certain types of insurance polices in order to underwrite the policy, administer claims or perform other insurance or insurance related functions.
- Examples of non-public personal information we may collect are your name, address, social security number, date of birth, gender, medical history, account activity, account balances, income, assets, marital status, payment history, insurance premiums, and information received from a consumer and/or credit reporting agency
Types of Non-public Personal Information We Share and with Whom We Disclose
- We do not share non-public personal information about our customers with anyone, except as permitted by law. We may disclose, as allowed by law, all types of non-public personal information as is necessary in order to conduct our business to: (1) affiliated companies, employees, agents, representatives and third parties that administer and service customer accounts on our behalf and that market our services; or (2) other insurance and/or financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements.
- Examples of the types of companies and individuals with whom we disclose non-public personal information are attorneys, trustees, third-party administrators, insurance agents, registered brokers/dealers, insurance companies, insurance support organizations, banks, credit reporting agencies, medical professionals, auditors, federal and state regulators, transfer agents, and reinsurance.
- If medical information is collected in the course of providing insurance services to you, this personally identifiable health information will not be used for any purpose, unless the customer or the applicable law authorizes further sharing.
- We do not sell non-public personal information about our customers to other companies so they may solicit you.
- We disclose this non-public personal information outside the company only as authorized by you or for a specific business purpose.
Our Safeguards to Protecting Non-public Personal Information
- We restrict access to non-public personal information to authorized individuals who need to know the information to provide benefits and improved products and services to our customers.
- We have guidelines in place that inform and give direction to our employees, agents, and representatives acting on our behalf on how to protect and use non-public personal information.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that protect non-public personal information.
- We will continue to enhance our security procedures, as new technologies become available.
- This Policy is provided to you in accordance with the privacy provisions in Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. We may change this policy and/or related procedures at any time, in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
- Our Policy will be available to all interested parties on our web site at www.herndoncarr.com
Have Additional Questions Regarding Your Privacy?
Contact our offices at:
Herndon Carr & Co.
10501 Ben C. Pratt / Six Mile Cypress Pkwy Suite #101
Fort Myers, FL 33966
Office Hours: Mon-Thurs 9:00-5:00
Tel: (239) 939-1996
Toll Free: (800) 998-7551
Fax: (239) 275-0277